7 rules of life, modified by coach John Wooden
- Be true to yourself. Don’t try to be better than anyone else, try to be the best version of yourself.
- Try your hardest and make the most of each day. Be able to look back on each day and say to yourself “I made a difference, I did good”.
- Help others. Anyone needs help in understanding this point, you’re are on the wrong page.
- Read and learn. More than 140 character tweets. Constantly sharpen the sword.
- Develop deep relationships. Take guidance from Obama’s parting speech and develop relationships with human, face to face (a radical concept I know) and not just through social networks.
- Build a shelter against a rainy day. Don’t live on the edge financially. Make sure you can survive a few hiccups.
- Pray for guidance and give thanks every day. If you are not religious, contemplate the day, celebrate what you did well, learn from what you could have done differently. Get a mentor.